Friday, April 22, 2016

Spicy Limas



SPICY LIMAS


    Now, I would like to introduce you to one of my original creations.  This cocktail is a play on the Margarita, my inspiration for this cocktail is my amazing girlfriend Jenny.  This is my favorite cocktail I have created to date, with Jenny always being in my corner and pushing me to start this blog and write my book I feel that she deserves more than a cocktail but this is a great start. To pay recognition to my soul mate, her heritage, and her favorite foods (cheese and peppperoncinis).  I wanted to show her in a glass, Spicy, Sweet, and always having you wanting to come back for more. I love you my baby. With Cinco De Mayo coming up in a few weeks, try this cocktail to liven up the party and I can promise you, you will be the talk of the party. This cocktail goes great with any Mexican food especially guacamole or chorizo dip (two of my favorite foods to offer at any great Cinco De Mayo celebration).
Now that I have shared with you on my reasons for coming up with this cocktail, its time to get to the serious stuff ans what you will need to recreate it. First is the importance of a good Tequila (if you think that Tequila which comes with a funny red hat as its top is a good Tequila, you shouldn't be drinking it). Personally I really enjoy Don Julio silver (it can be a little expensive), so if its out of your budget a very good Tequila under $30 is Milagro silver or even 1800 silver. Next, you want to have Cointreau (a really good version of Triple Sec). When you get the pepperoncini, Queso Fresco, and lime juice please remember FRESHNESS, there is no reason not to use the best and freshest ingredients, NEVER cheapen the integrity of the cocktail on sale items. Ancho powder is best bought in the spice section and will also help you with the foods you are offering at your Cinco De Mayo party.
And now you are ready for the recipe.


  • 2 oz Tequila
  • 1/2 oz Cointreau
  • 1/2 lime juiced
  • Dash of Ancho powder
  • Juice of two pepperocinis
  • Queso Fresco stuffed pepperocinis as garnish

-Rim cocktail glass with pepperoncini for aromatics. In cocktail shaker add Tequila, Cointreau, lime juice (cut a lime in half and squeeze into cocktail), ancho powder, simple syrup, pepperoncini juice, and ice. Hard shake for 10 seconds. Pour into rocks glass and garnish with Queso Fresco stuffed pepperocinis.


*to stuff pepperocini with Queso Fresco, cut ends off pepperocini and discard seeds, take a chunk of cheese and stuff into pepperocini.*


1 comment: