Saturday, May 21, 2016

Sherbet Rum Punch




SHERBET RUM PUNCH



   With Summer quickly upon us, I felt that I would share something that bothers me when drinking outside, at BBQ's, or just sitting on your porch enjoying your favorite beverage.  ICE melting and watering down your favorite Spirit (no matter how amazing of a cocktail the Sun always wins).  So I fixed all of your problems with something that is simple and delicious, SHERBET!  When I made this Rum Punch cocktail I never thought I would get so many people asking me for the recipe, fortunately for all my followers, I think that it would be rude not to share this secret.  Using FRESH ingredients, your favorite Rum, and adding the Sherbet to help keep the cocktail cold and adding a nice sweet flavor as it melts, makes this one of my favorite cocktails during the late Spring and all of Summer months.
    When recreating this cocktail, I suggest you use your favorite Light Rum ( I really like using Appleton White Rum which is a very affordable Rum, if you want to spend a little more money for a sipping Rum as well, 10 Cane White Rum), Triple Sec(If you want to spend a little more money you can always use Cointreau), next you will need your trusty homemade Simple Syrup (Recipe can be found in a previous Blog), FRESH lime (1/2 of a lime juiced), you can use FRESH squeezed Orange Juice (I like using Minute Maid Fresh Squeezed, well because its really good),and finally YOUR favorite Sherbet ( I like using Rainbow Sherbet because it makes the drink look more exciting to drink.)  If you like your cocktail more Citrus flavored then you might like the Lime Sherbet.  I have found the Orange Sherbet doesn't give off a lot of flavor to hold up to the rest of the Cocktail.
    Now you are ready for this wonderful poolside, patio, BBQ, or just hanging out on the porch recipe for the Sherbet Rum Punch


  • 2 oz of White Rum

  • 1/2 oz Triple Sec

  • 1/2 oz Homemade Simple Syrup

  • 1/2 Lime juiced

  • 1/2 oz Orange Juice

  • Three scoops of your favorite Sherbet

    Rim the top of your glass with lime wedge for aromatics (treat all your cocktails like wine, aromatics are your friend 90% of a cocktail starts in the nose.  When you smell a real fresh cocktail your brain already becomes happy)  In Cocktail Shaker add Rum, Triple Sec, Simple Syrup, Lime Juice, Orange Juice, and ice.  Give it a hard shake for 5-10 seconds.  Strain Cocktail into your favorite cocktail drinking s (I have found that a Hurricane Glass or Highball Glass make the Cocktail pop the best, the other 10% of where a Cocktail begins its Journey).  Remember, Cocktails are just like food, we drink with our eyes first (So if the Cocktail doesn't appeal to the eye, then your friends probably won't be as impressed).  Finally, as I always remind you, ENJOY!!!!!  The main purpose of creating amazing Cocktails is to enjoy them with Family and Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment